The students will be graded on :
- Class participation
- Turning in a completed practice chart every Monday. Practice charts are a major part of the student's grade. They will receive lower that an A, if they don't turn one in. Parent signature is required for full credit.
- Having all their equipment and accessories for their instruments
- Attendance on performances, sectionals held after school (2:35-3:10)
- Knowledge of major scales
- Test (both playing and written)
- Any theory worksheets/homework given
There will be a number of concerts throughout the year in which the students are required to attend. You can view the schedule by clicking here. Please review this schedule and use it as a reference throughout the school year. If there is a change of concert date, you will be notified as soon as possible. The concert start at 7:00 pm with a 6:30 report time for student performing. This is a performance class, so attendance at concerts is an important part of the class and student grades. There will also be sectionals, which will be scheduled every so often after school and the students are required to attend. They will be notified about the sectional approximately 3 to 5 days in advance. CMEA festival, advanced groups only, is the most important performance the students participate in all year long. It is our testing for music. They must not miss this performance. Please realize that sometimes changes need to be made and if that happens, you will be notified as soon as possible.
Please see the concert attire information below :
- Black dress pants or skirt ( No Jeans or Khakis)
- White collared long sleeve dress shirt (Intermediate Groups)
- Long tie, any color (Intermediate Groups)
- Black dress shoes and black dress socks
- Advance Groups will be supplied concert attire that needs to be returned at the end of the school year. They must provide their own black dress shoes and black socks.
Classroom Management Plan
- Be in your seat ready to play, 2 minutes after the tardy bell rings.
- Bring instruments/materials everyday to class.
- Participate in class activities.
- Respect yourself and others in the class.
- Be responsible for the choices you make in class.
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum in class. (Water okay)
- 15 minutes detention after school
- Parent Contact
- Administrative referral